Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fighting the Confusion


A friend of mine died last night. He had fought cancer for the last few years and had fought bravely. He was the choir director at one of our high schools and he left behind a wife and 2 elementary age children. It's so hard to understand sometimes why God allows things that don't seem to make any sense to us. I know He loves us and I know His plan is perfect but...... I guess it all comes down to an issue of faith. And trust. Can I, through every situation, say "Lord, I trust you?" It's so hard to do. We, as humans, want to take control and tell the Lord, "Let me handle it. I'll get it figured out and then let you know what's the best plan of action in this situation." But in my heart, I know His plan is perfect. I know He loves us more than we could ever imagine and I also know that He will take care of my friend's family and provide for them.

Dear Lord,
Help us Lord to have peace about not knowing all the answers. Help us to completely trust in you in all things, even the hard stuff. Gives us peace about the answers of no that you provide when we were praying for answers of yes. Help us to reach out to each other and be your arms of love extended.

We love you. We need you. We live to glorify your name.

Amen

2 comments:

LAMommyof3 said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You (and his family) will be in my prayers.

BayouMaMa said...

I know what you mean about it being hard to understand why God allows some things to happen. The one thing I've learned is that these are opportunities to learn a lesson in compassion. When we experience a heartache or a trial, we can so much better identify with what someone else is going through...and God can do a wonderful work through us as we minister in His name. He Himself, came to earth and experienced humanity...and so He has compassion for us. I guess that's one of the many reasons why I love Him so much.